Platinum 100-user Managed Device Specifications
4 GbE LAN Network Firewall Router Appliance
1U Rack Mount System
Intel® Rangeley Atom™ 8-core C2758 @ 2.4 GHz
New Feature!Amazon AWS VPC Configuration Wizard
- Easily establish a VPN Connection directly to an Amazon AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)
- Configure either static or dynamic routing
- Setup BGP with static routing
- Supports connecting your pfSense appliance to a single VPC or to multiple VPC’s in different regions.
The Netgate C2758 1U rack system is a state of the art pfSense® Network Firewall Router Appliance, featuring the low-power Silvermont microarchitecture and the Intel® Atom™ ARK (Rangeley) C2000 family SoC. The C2758 8-core SoC features a high level of I/O and acceleration integration and optimal performance per watt. The Netgate 2758 with pfSense delivers a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at a phenomenally low price per gigabit.
- Open source security with pfSense firewall routing software
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Unlimited users, firewall rules, IPsec tunnels, etc.
- Blistering fast Intel® Atom™ Rangeley C2758 8 core SoC This is not your father’s Atom!
- Four Gigabit Intel Ethernet ports, expandable to eight with add-on card
- 8 GB Memory, 80 GB SATA-3 SSD
- Medium to large businesses
- Medium to large branch offices
- Businesses with multiple WAN connections
- Businesses with Gigabit connections
- Businesses with fiber connections (SFP+ modules available separately)
- Businesses who wish to establish VPN connections to Amazon AWS VPC, in one or multiple regions
Preliminary data without AES-NI or QuickAssist acceleration in Mbps on Intel NICs:
|TCP Mbps||UDP Mbps|
|Filtering enabled, NAT disabled||941||756|
|Filtering and NAT both disabled||941||756|
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, which also serves as a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense firewall features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Integrates with Snort for IDS/IPS, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering
- Tons of additional features and packages
One common barrier to choosing and implementing open source software is the availability of prompt, professional support from knowledgeable individuals. Netgate and ESF eliminates that barrier for FreeBSD-based pfSense users by providing integrated support, paid consulting and development services to the open source community.
- Form Factor: Standard 19″ 1U rack mount
- Processor: Intel® Rangeley Atom™ C2758 Socket FCBGA1283 CPU with Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- Chipset: SoC (System on Chip)
- System Memory: 8GB ECC DDR3 1066/1333 MHz on 2x SO-DIMMs
- Storage: 80 GB SATA-3 SSD
- Expansion: 1x PCI-E 2.0 x 8 slot, 4x USB 2.0, VGA, COM, Serial Ports
- Networking: 4 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, 1 Dedicated IMPI Lan port
- Networking Chipset: SoC Intel I354 Quad GbE MACs
- USB: 4x USB 3.0 ports via header, 6x USB 2.0 ports (4 rear, 2 via header)
- LEDs: Power, HD Activity, Network Activity, System Overhead, Information LED
- Power: 200W Low-Noise Power Supply, 100~240V, 50-60Hz, 2.6 Amp Max
- Physical Dimensions: 17.2″ x 1.7″ x 9.85″
- ECCN: 4A001
- Not POE compatible
Expansion Card Information:
- Two options of Chelsio cards are available. The T520-CR has on-board memory, and the T520-SO-CR does not.
- All expansion cards arrive pre-installed. All optics modules and/or cables will be in the box, but will not be pre-installed.
- If you require the Chelsio 10GbE SFP+ cards, you will also need a SFP+ modules or SFP+ cables in order to connect to your other networking equipment. We have suitable 1m and3M passive Twinax SFP+ cables and short reach Chelsio SFP+ optics available at an additional charge.
- All expansion cards must be requested at time of order and may require additional setup charges.
Warranty and Support Information:
- MyNetworkAlarm.com support included with this system. MyNetworkAlarm.com support includes:
- A dedicated premium support portal
- pfSense Certified software updates and bug fixes
- One year of MyNetworkAlarm.com pfSense Certified premium add-ons for pfSense 2.1.X
- Unlimited number of tickets/resolutions for the life of the subscription
- Documentation and Best Practice advice from support engineers
- Target initial response time of 4 business hours to every ticket
- One year manufacturers hardware warranty. Three year extended pa ss through manufacturers limited warranty from the date of manufacture.
- In addition to direct support from MyNetworkAlarm.com, free support for all pfSense questions is available by free forum or mailing list.
- Additional professional software support subscriptions and professional services are available through the pfSense Premium Portal.
- All Specifications subject to change without notice.